Guest designing for the Danish Operation Write Home - Operation Skriv Hjem

Hello everyone! Today I'm so excited to be guesting on the Danish OSH blog - Operation write home. It's a privately run blog that collects cards for all occasions and sends them to our troops deployed all over the world. I first donated cards a couple of years ago and I really like the idea of the cards bringing joy to both troops and their loved ones.
In unintended pun My favorite things really are my favorite crafty things and so I've used lots of MFT on these cards. I already had quite a few images ready and colored. For this CAS card I masked up the bottom and blend on a bit of Salty ocean oxide ink, then used Blueprint sketch oxide ink to stamp a few trees from Friends in the forest as well as a sentiment from Beast friends. Now all I needed was a yeti and gift also from Beast friends.
Last year while making cards for OSH I came up with this idea of creating a scene yet only coloring some of the images. It saved me a lot of time and allowed for more cards in shorter time. And I like the look so much that this year I'm making more.
For this square card I created a window with my T-square ruler. For the outside scene and sentiment I used MFT Merry moments.  
For the inside scene I used one of my all-time favorite sets, it's also from My favorite things and it's Secret santa. How adorable are these kids, searching for presents in such excitement that they miss Santa riding by on the back of a polar bear.
For my last card I used MFT Delightfull deer. I cut them from yupo paper that I had already made using pink and gold alcohol inks. I ink blended the background with a little help from Simon Says Stamp Waves and hills and Distress inks - Spun sugar, Picked raspberry, Seedless preserves and Chipped sapphire.
I used the Simple and Basic Christmas trees for both indents in the background and to cut out a tree. I gold heat embossed the tree, antlers and the sentiment which is from Gitte's eget design and means Christmas greetings.

Thanks so much for stopping by for a bit of Christmas in July.
Stay safe and happy crafting.

See you next time.
Tina

The cards are entered into:


Kommentarer

  1. All are gorgeous! The inkblending is so pretty! It would never have occurred to me to use chipped sapphire with the seedless preserves, but it looks amazing! Love the monochromatic look on the Yeti card too. So so cute! And that Christmas morning scene is so fun! So many details! you even filled in the what's going on outside! My hat off to you, my friend!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aw, you're so sweet, Enna! I'm so hapy you stopped by and left some love here too. Big hugs to you, my friend! XO

      Slet
  2. Such amazing cards! The pink Christmas card is so unique and beautiful. Thank you for joining us for Peaceful challenge, at Time out challenges. Hugs~ Ishani.

    SvarSlet
  3. Fantastic projects. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    SvarSlet
  4. These are all fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    SvarSlet
  5. Such wonderful cards for a wonderful cause - I'm sure these cards will be treasured by the troops who receive them - especially at Christmastime :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    SvarSlet
  6. What a beautiful creation you have made.
    Thank you for participating in our challenge.
    xx Bianca DT Creations in Pink Challenges Blog.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to