Birthday cards for her


Hi there, I'm back after a family vacation with 2 birthday cards for her, 
since I decided to use both negative and positive die cuts.




First I used the largest My favorite things wonky stitched rectangle to cut out an alcohol ink panel I had already made. Then I used MFT Cheers and Birthday Girl word dies on the panel - I removed all the letters and was really careful to not loose the inside "bubbles" of the letters. 


  

I carefully glued a piece of acetate to the back and glued on the loose bits as well. I hand cut a hole in a frame of white cardstock and placed the alcohol ink panel on top.Then I build up the shaker with crafting foam, used my antistatic bag and filled the tub with sequins, tiny confetti and glitter in colors of 
silver, pink and purple.




I then cut the MFT layered champagne glass twice. The glass itself is colored with Spun sugar Distress oxide ink and I colored on a couple of details with my Copic markers - RV55 and RV02.
The layered part is covered in WOW! silver sparkle embossing powder. Because - a girl needs glitter! The glasses are popped up with crafting foam as well.

First card done, but I decided I couldn't wait to use the positives from the Birthday Girl dies.




For this card I used Canson watercolor paper. I made sure my MFT captivating mandala stencil had spray adhesive on the back and placed it on the cardstock. I also taped it in place with painters tape. 
I then smeared a decent layer of Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer paste over the stencil and while the stencil was still there, I dapped on a bit of Nuvo Violet brocade Shimmer powder and sprayed on a good amount of water.
With a paper towel a dapped off the excess water, and repeated the process a couple of times, until the whole piece was covered.




I removed the stencil and let the panel dry. I did have a little bit of 
bleeding in the middle, but decided to still use the panel. 
I used a coordinating purple panel for base and cut out the letters 
3 more times and layered them for dimention.


The cards will be entered into the May challenge Anything goes 
at the all new AAA Birthday challenge blog, as well as 
the current SSS wednesday challenge anything goes.

 

Kommentarer

  1. Love them both - well they are purple! The shaker is amazing and looks so shiny and sparkly, stunning card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Good luck with the DT Call too.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Jane. Will definately play along in the future! And keeping my fingers crossed!

      Slet
  2. Such gorgeous cards Tina and so very festive! I love the colors you've used and that beautiful shaker:) Thank you so much for playing along with us at AAA Birthday and good luck with DT call!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Ana, they were fun to make!

      Slet
  3. Fabulous cards, love the backgrounds you have created.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card