Casing Jennifer McGuire


Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I watched a Jennifer McGuire video where she used the Gina K wreath builder and a stencil to create a rainbow card. I loved it so much, so I had to try and create it. There was just one problem. I don't have the Gina K wreath builder.




So, what's a girl to do? What's a crafter gonna do? Craft, of course!
I used the grid lines on my Tonic Studios glass mat and figured out where to place my panel when turning. I then taped the My favorite things Captivating mandala stencil to the glass mat and started inking up the panel. I used Distress inks: Picked raspberry, Candied apple, Spiced marmelade, Squeezed lemonade, Twisted citron, Peacock feathers, Blueprint sketch, Wilted violet.

The math part took me a bit to figure out, but I love the result!




To finish the card I used a sentiment from Hello Bluebird Rainbow script and added Nuvo jewel drops in Rosewater, Orange marmelade, Limoncello, Key lime, Sea breeze and Pale periwinkle.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!


This card is entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Oh that is awesome, love all the colours and fab use of your stencil. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Scarlett xoxo

    SvarSlet
  2. This card is AMAZING! I love the way you worked out the angle placement in order to use the stencil - I have this one as well and I am going to have to give this a try. :) Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful design with us at A Place To Start!
    Rachelle - DT

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Rachelle! It makes me so happy that you will try this!

      Slet
  3. Oh how fabulously funky is this?? I love the super effective use of the stencil and the glorious colour choices of the inks. So happy you shared it with us at 'a place to start'. Tina CHianna DT

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Tina!

      Slet
  4. Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.

    SvarSlet
  5. Fabulous use of the beautiful stencil-love the rainbow colours.Thank you for sharing with us at-A Place To Start
    Carol GDT x

    SvarSlet
  6. You did a fantastic job! I love "using what I have" to recreate projects, particularly the ones I see on Jennifer's blog. Nice color choices and good composition. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to