MFT sketch challenge + birthday project


Hello!

I've been constructing this card in my head for a while now, and I thought it would be a perfect fit for the current sketch challenge (see down below) and birthday project (peek-a-boo).
My idea was to create a space shuttle with the astronaut looking out of a porthole to reveal an extraterrestrial birthday party inside the shuttle.




Admitted, I am stretching the sketch a bit, but not too far.
I started by cutting the panel 4,25"x5,75". I then scored at 5½". The extra 1/4" will be attached to the back of the other panel to create the double card effect. 
To create the space shuttle I used the rounded corner of the largest mod rectangle die and traced it with a pencil. I traced a circle die for the "nose" and drew lines to indicate the tiles there.  I used my copics to color the nose and shade along the pencil line and down the sides of the panel.
I used 2 pierced circle dies to cut from silver cardstock for the edge of the porthole and I used the stitched banner die from Celebratory banner to indicate the sentiment "strip".
I masked off the space shuttle to ink blend the top of the card. I used a make-up brush to blend Distress oxides in Broken china, Cracked pistacio, Chipped sapphire and Black soot. To finish it off I splattered a tiny bit of water diluted white acrylic paint to make for stars.




Now for the party inside. I ink blended the whole panel with Distress oxide Tumbled glass and Broken china along the edges. I used the stitched banner twice. On another piece of cardstock I colored 4 ombre patches with my copics and die cut the tiny flags. I stamped, colored and fuzzy cut an astronaut from Space explorer and 3 of the monsters from Monster Sized. One monster is meant to hang from the banner, so I placed the tiny flags as if they where pushed together at one end. Sentiments are from these to sets as well as Beary special birthday.
The front panel was then attached to the back panel, and then attached to the cardbase.

Copics used:
Shuttle: 100, C9, C5, C3, C1
Banner: R29, R35, R24, Y17, Y08, Y06, G05, G14, YG03, B29, B24, B21
Astronaut suit: C3, C00, B29, B24, R39, R29, R46, R35
Hair: E42, E43, E44, E47
Skin: E04, E11, E00, E000
Monster: B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, W9, W7, W5
Monster: YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21, E18, E09, E07
Monster: BV08, BV04, BV13, BV02, B69, BV08
Monster eyes: R01, R00, R000

I hope to have inspired you!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!


This card is entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Fabulous card and love the idea -the front looks great but the inside is fabulous.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
    Carol DT x

    SvarSlet
  2. Wow that is so creative...I love the front showing only part of the spaceship an the inside party!

    SvarSlet
  3. Great design for a child's card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "For a Baby or a Child" challenge.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to