Summer means ice cream


Hello,

Summer means ice cream, right?! Well actually, that goes all year round for us. The only real "weird" pregnancy perk I had was an undeniable craving for ice cream. In my defence, my daughter was born in August and it was one of the warmest summers in Denmark to date (sadly we broke the record again last year). Needless to say, I searched for ways to cool down and ice cream helped. The funny thing is, this craving or addiction for ice cream - it wasn't mine, it was my daughter's. And it still is. She it's her fair share of ice cream 😋





I guess this is emboss resist. However, I prefer to make the background first and then emboss. So I ink smooshed a panel using Distress oxides in Twisted citron, Squeezed lemonade, Dried marigold, Abandoned coral and Festive berries. I will say, if I was going to do this again I would leave out the festive berries, bevause it's very vibrant and overpowering. But I still like how this came out.
I then repeatedly stamped the images with my WOW! embossing ink (which is really juicy by the way) and embossed them with WOW! opaque bright white embossing powder.




I stamped the birthday sentiment with the Abandoned coral oxide ink (yes, they stamp, this was stamped only once!) and cut it out with a Simple and Basic pierced tags die. For finishing touches I added some Spectrum Noir clear sparkle to the images to make them stand out more.

Hope you like it!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.

This card is entered into:

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to