TE Be a mermaid


Hello!



Eeeeeek! The Taylored Expressions Be a mermaid stamps and dies just arrived! I was so excited to play with these! I also got a couple of new stencils, because i LOVE! stencils! So versatile and adds so much to a card. There are so many possibilities with these new godies, but I started out with these simple yet impactful cards.




For the first card I used the TE Sweet scallop stencil. I placed the stencil over watercolor cardstock, flipped them over and taped them together on the back. I wanted to use Nuvo glimmer paste in Blue topaz, but I thought I'd try ink blending the background. I used Cracked pistacio, Mermaid lagoon and Wilted violet  Distess oxide inks and I wasn't too careful blending the colors, because I honestly didn't think it would show this much. But I'm so glad it does! I smeared over the glimmer paste and set it aside to dry.




 On a piece of regular cardstock I ink blended 2 areas large enough to fit the mermaid tail dies. For the bottom I blended Cracked pistacio and Mermaid lagoon and for the top I blended Mermaid lagoon and Wilted violet. The Lawn Fawn Just for you labels and sentiment are stamped in Mermaid lagoon. I added craft foam to the back of the tail and label for dimension.




The other card was made with the same technique, but I used the TE Splash stencil and Squeezed lemonade, Spun sugar and Picked raspberry Distress oxide inks. And I used Nuvo glimmer paste in Moonstone for this.




The tail is made in the same way as well, blending Squeezed lemonade and Spun sugar for the bottom and Spun sugar and Picked Raspberry for the top. The LF label frame was stamped with Spun sugar and the sentiment with Picked Raspberry. Again I popped them up for dimension.

Aren't they pretty and sparkly?!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!


These cards are entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Wow, both are stunning cards with the glimmer paste! Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month and good luck.
    Scarlett xoxo

    SvarSlet
  2. Great job! Your projects are awesome and absolutely perfect for our Stencil Me In Challenge. I have similar stencils and I must give your techniques a try! Thanks for playing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place to Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Chana! I love to inspire!

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to