1st day of school


Hi there,
Before we get started, get yourself a nice cup of coffee, this is a long post.

Today was my daughter's last day as a kinder gartener. And in a little over a month she will start her first year of school. She's so excited! My husband and I can't understand this time has come already! But, I wanted to make her a special card, and very unlike me I'm getting it done now instead of my usual last minute, lol.


My idea was a 3D card, but I didn't have a clue how to do it, so this card actually started out as a 1-layer card. Stamping, masking, stamping... you get the point. After coloring half the images I decided it wasn't working. The scene was just all wrong, the card was 30 cm (almost 12") long, and I messed up the coloring one one of the images. So I stamped a few more images and colored them all in with my Copics, and then fuzzy cut them all. The stamps are from Clearly Besotted A class act and Being schooled, as well as Mama Elephant Book Worm. Aren't they just the sweetest?


Meanwhile, by some miracle, Jennifer Mcguire posted a video on how to make a Pop up trifold card and that's what I went with. Thanks, Jennifer!
The floor is 2 different pop-up panels (Doodlebug paper) and I tried to build in some additional "layers" by placing the images in different hights on these panels. They're tight, I know, but I really wanted to fit them all in.


The floor panels are attached by adhering these folded "boxes". McGuire calls them sho boxes 😆
Between the base and the first floor panel the boxes are made from a strip of cardstock 1,5"x3,5" scored at 0,5", 1,5", 2" and 3". For the next layer I made them slightly smaller, 1,25"x1,75" scored at 0,25", 0,75", 1", 1,5".


Here you can just see how it's assembled. The balloon paper is from Joy Cratfs and the banner is My favorite things Celebratory banner. I cut the paper before adhering it. The banner bits are cut from white cardstock, colored with Copics and I wrote the letters with a fine line pen. It means school start, which is what we use. I didn't adhere the tips of the flags in hope of a little dimension.


For the front of the card I used watercolor paper, Create a smile Wave of stars stencil, texture paste and WOW! embossing Turkish nights embossing glitter. It's a purplish pink a la Seedless preserves Distress ink added lots of gold sparkle, and is one of my absolute favorites!
I placed the stencil, added a thick layer of texture paste and added the embossing powder. Then I set it aside to dry overnight. It gives the most gorgeous dimension and texture, I love it!
The "Du" (You) die is also Create a smile stamps. I die cut both dies (there's a full and shade die), and I also created a shade by drawing around the die with a pencil and fuzzy cutting it out. On the die cut shade I added Nuvo Glitter drops in Sherbet shimmer.


I then spritzed the panel with a solution of Nuvo shimmer powder and (lots of) water. It doesn't get that usual shimmer powder shimmer, but I like the spritzed look for this.
I then cut 3 Simple and Basic labels. The sentiments are my (dreadful attempt of) hand writing. I tried with the different alpha stamps I have, and none worked. Anyway, they mean (You) Are awesome!, Got this! and Make Mom and Dad proud. I added a bow from purple metallic thread, popped ud the labels and the Du cut out, and then attached the 2 cards together.



I hope this inspired you and that you like my card, if so please leave me a message!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting.

This card is entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Oooooh Wow so Adorable Love it!

    SvarSlet
  2. Tina, this is just too adorable! Your coloring is fabulous and all those adorable die cut critters! I may have to case this project. Nicely conceived and beautifully executed! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so very much for your kind words, Chana!

      Slet
  3. Oh my goodness! This is SO CUTE! I love these little students all lined up at their desks on the front row! Great coloration and execution on the pop-up portion of the card - great job. Thanks so very much for sharing this with us at A Place To Start! Hope to see more of your work soon!
    Rachelle - DT@APTS

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Rachelle!

      Slet
  4. So gorgeous Tina! You did a fabulous job on your cards, love love love those little guys from Clearly Besotted! hugs XoX

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, sweets! hugs xo

      Slet
  5. Oh I love your pop up card, all those critters.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    SvarSlet
  6. Oh wow! such a creation with so much love gone into making it. The design is so eye-catching and as for the colouring skills... wow... You can certainly tell that you love your crafting. Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at 'A Place to Start' and good luck. Tina Chianna DT

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so very much for your kind words, Tina!

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to