More watercoloring?


Hi there!

I'm very much out of my comfort zone when it comes to watercoloring. The other day when I made the wallpaper art card, I stamped and embossed all 3 flowers from the Altenew set with WOW! Metallic platinum embossing powder. I colored this flower to go on that same card, but I just didn't like it on there. So today I decided to put it on another card.


The background is made with the old Jennifer McGuire trick of adding Distress ink to an acrylic block, spraying with water and laying it on to the cardstock. I didn't use watercolor paper for this, so I only left the block there for a few seconds. But it gave a beautiful impression. I used Squeezed lemonade, Shabby shutters and Twisted citron Distress inks.


I then stamped the leaves using Twisted citron Oxide ink, and splattered diluted Distress ink in Twisted citron, Evergreen bough and Black soot. 


I popped up the flower, stamped the sentiment from Simon says stamp Big birthday wishes and added a couple of Nuvo jewel drops in Key lime.

I hope you like my card. If you do, I would love a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

This card is entered into:
freshly made sketches (Watercolored background)

Kommentarer

  1. Your watercoloring is beautiful! Love the bright flower with the great! Gorgeous card!

    SvarSlet
  2. You have achieved between depth and texture with your ink and stamp layering! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    SvarSlet
  3. Just beautiful. Love your watercoloring. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Knockouts Challenge.
    April

    SvarSlet
  4. Simply beautiful. Love the embossing and gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing at HLS Watercolour Challenge this month.

    SvarSlet
  5. So gorgeous! I love the watercolouring you've done. I think you're not giving yourself enough credit with watercolouring. Your results are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Watercolour Challenge.

    sue n.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Sue, that means a lot!

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card