Birthday card for my princess


Hi everyone,


Today is my big girl's 6th birthday. She had her first day of school ever this last Monday. I can't belive how big and independent she is already. For her birthday card she asked for a unicorn. So the search was on for a perfect unicorn to fit on an infinity shaker card.


I chose the Whimsy Stamps Mystic. That big curly mane spoke to me. Although rainbow would've been the obvious color choice - 'cause unicorn and it's my daughter's favorite - I chose another favorite of hers, purple. Mostly because I don't have rainbow sequins lol. I stamped on Neenah cardstock, colored with Copics and fuzzy cut it out. Who would've thought Copic V's and BV's work so well together!


The horse anatomy is not too well known for me, although I do love horses. But I took inspiration from the shading on the packing for the stamp. And of course I had to shimmer it up with my Spectrum noir Clear sparkle pen.


To create the panel for the shaker I first ink blended a panel with Shaded lilac, Wilted violet and Chipped sapphire Distress inks. I used regular Distress inks for a bold blend. I spritzed water into my hand, dripped it onto the panel and then dried off the excess water with a paper towel.
I squeezed out a tiny drop of black and silver acrylic paint on an acrylic block, diluted it with water and the flicked both colors onto the panel.
For extra sparkle I covered the whole panel with WOW! embossing ink and WOW! Clear hologram sparkle embossing powder and heat set it. FYI - the embossing powder subdued the strong colors quite a bit. I LOVE! glitter, but in this case I think I would have prefered the bold background showing. Oh well, no going back now.


I then placed the panel in a stamp storage bag. I use Avery Elle, I think it's the medium size. I cut off some length of the bag and cut off the edges/corners of the overhang and then added glitter and star sequins in purple and silver. I folded the bag back on itself and taped it to the back with double sided tape. After making sure everything was adhered - and sealed - I adhered the whole thing to my cardbase.
I found help for creating this infinity shaker in this video.


I popped up the unicorn with craft foam. For sentiment I'm using a Gummiapan Tillykke ("congrats") die. I cut 5 layers of white cardstock for dimension. Very unlike me I decided to keep as is, no color, no embossing powder. I did however use the clear sparkle pen here too.

Copics used:
Body: BV13, BV02, BV01, BV00
Manes + eye: V09, V17, V15, V12
Hoofs + horn: C9, C5, C3, C1, C00


Thanks for stopping by. I hope I have inspired you! Have a great day, and happy crafting!
I'm off to celebrate my girl.


This card is entered into:
aud sentiments - animals
crafty animals - anything goes
unicorn challenge - fully loaded or cas


Kommentarer

  1. This is truly amazing. The background is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to