Challenge mash-up


Hi there,

So, I've been MIA for a while and I wanted to join in some challenges. So, I did what I really love doing - combining challenges.

I had a couple of themes to pair:
Purple (+2 neutrals /black/white)
One-layer
Simon Says Stamp product
MFT sketch #448
WOW! pearl embossing powder


This is what I came up with!

I first stamped the My favorite things Adorable elephant and sentiment using my Misti. I then covered the elephant and sentiment with a piece of paper that I tore. I wasn't too careful with it. Then I placed the Simon says stamp Kaleidoscope background stamp over it and stamped with WOW! embossing ink. I then covered with WOW! white pearl embossing powder and heat set it.



To fit it to the My favorite things sketch #448 I dug out some washi in 3 widths and used the grid on my Tonic glass plate to place them. I made sure they weren't too sticky to prevent any tearing of the cardstock.


 I then ink blended Shaded lilac, Wilted violet and Chipped sapphire Oxide inks. Once done I removed the washi and buffed off the excess ink with a dry cloth. I probably should have left the washi til after I buffed, but I wiped along the stripes and it was OK.
In hindsight I should have tilted the stripes, that would have given a more harmonized look. My intention was to ink blend the background in the same angle as the washi, but I just got caught up in the emboss-resist ink blending. Oh, well, what's a girl to do...


I then colored the elephant with my copics. If you think he looks sort of BV-ish, you're right! I initially colored with BV's because I felt the Shaded lilac resembles that more. But I didn't like it with the Wilted violet, so I used V's over it. And I like how it turned out.
I used my white Gelly roll pen for highlights and the nails/toes.


To finish off the card I added a couple of Nuvo Pale periwinkle jewel drops.
There, all done, full of mistakes and all. But I still like how it turned out.

Copics used:
V09, V17, V15, V12
(and before that BV17, BV13, BV02, BV01)

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

The card is entered into:
color my heart color dare - splash of color - purples
Simon Says Stamp Flickr - one layer
mftstamps #448

WOW! embossing facebook - Pearl
creative knockouts - for a child
crafty animals - anything goes
cute card thursday - anything goes


Kommentarer

  1. Fabulous card Tina, one of my favourite images too. Love the background you've created! Hugs XoX

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, you're so sweet, Alli. Thanks, dear. Hugs Tina xox

      Slet
  2. WOW, your background is wonderful! I love how you masked off with the washi tape to create the diagonal stripes. I can't forget to comment on that cute elephant too!! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

    SvarSlet
  3. Wonderful card, Tina! This put a smile on my face the second I saw it. Every element is special but I am enamored by that adorable elephant. Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie! Happy to put a smile on your face!

      Slet
  4. I've wanted an elephant for years! It can roam in my backyard right next to the mermaid pool where my Beluga whale plays and where and manatee floats. I told my hubs that the elephant now needs to be purple. It can be lavender or eggplant purple. I'm not picky. He laughed so hard he couldn't breathe.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Ahahahahahaha!!! As long as I can come visit "Emoji winks" - Hugs

      Slet
  5. This card is absolutely adorable. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Color My Heart Color Dare Blog.💙☕ Miss.Carrie

    SvarSlet
  6. Thanks for sharing the tutorial for us...beautifully done and your card is so adorable and fun. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    SvarSlet
  7. This looks fab. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to