You are beautiful


Hello there, 

Today I have a fun card for you, so grab a cuppa 'cause there's lots of details!


I started with the background. I used the My favorite things Roses background, my Misti, 4 watercolor markers and a water spritzer. After placing the stamp in my Misti I scribbled the markers on the stamp, making sure I colored the whole thing and trying not to overlap. I wanted pink and blue, not purple. I then spritzed a couple of times with my water spritzer and closed the Misti door. I let the stamp sit for a few seconds before removing it. I set the background aside to let it dry.


On Neenah cardstock I printed this cute "She is charming" digital image from The Paper Shelter. I also printed a mirrored image. I colored the images with Copics as alike as possible. The original image was fuzzy cut. The other was die cut with the second smallest MFT linked chain circle. I felt the circle frame could easily be a mirror frame.


After die cutting the mirror image, I covered it with a thin layer of Ranger glossy transparant texture paste. I wanted to make it resemble the glassy surface of a mirror. I set it aside to dry.


The "mirror frame" was stamped with WOW! embossing ink and covered with WOW! Opaque pastel pink embossing powder. I repeated this step 2 more times for dimension. I then again stamped with the embossing ink and sporadically sprinkled WOW! Metallic platnum powder and heat set it. I repeated this step but sprinkled with WOW! Pink sherbet powder, which is pastel pink with a little bit of glitter. I think this all gives the frame a cool vintage look. I then die cut the linked chain circle frame 3 more times and adhered one on top of the other.
Note the glossy mirrored image.


I stamped a sentiment from the MFT All about you and die cut the YOU from the MFT Miss you die-namics 4 times. The top layer is embossed with 2 layers of WOW! Black magic - How gorgeous is this powder?!
The sparkle on the dress, shoes and headband are Spectrum noir clear sparkle.


To "ground" the beautiful girl I used the Avery Elle Bookmark elle-ments and cut some Doodlebug paper. I cut the bookmark shorter to fit it to the card. To do this I first die cut the whole bookmark. Then slide the die over the cardstock circa where I want to cut, until the little knobs fit into the indentations. Remember to place your top plate so you only cut the wanted part. I wiped the embossing ink pad along the edges of the bookmark and covered it with WOW! Black magic. I also added a hot pink ribbon and some silver twine.
I popped up the girl with craft foam and placed her directly across from the mirrored image.

Copics used:
Skin: E04, E11, E00, E000, R32, RV13
Hair: E21, E23, E25
Puff: R32, R20, R00
Outfit: BG07, BG57, BG53, BG000, RV04, RV02, RV00

Watercolor brush markers: Arteza 117, 138, 149 and Panduro hot pink

I hope I have inspired you!
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting.
And remember - You are beautiful!

This card is entered into:
the paper shelter - anything goes
polkadoodle - anything goes
unicorn challenge - fully loaded or cas
simon says stamp insta - die cutting
happylittlestampers - dies
creations in pink
pearly sparkles - something with B
cute card thursday - circles

Kommentarer

  1. Great fully Loaded card, love the mirror. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Fully Loaded or CAS" challenge.

    SvarSlet
  2. Amazing detail! I didn't even notice the high shine on the mirror. I have some glossy texture paste, but I have only used it with inks, so I hadn't thought of using it in this application. Is it as shiny as Glossy Accents? My issue with GA has always been that it can tend to yellow over time, and the clear Nuvo drops crack if applied to such a large area, so I've always ended up using a few coats of clear embossing in High. This would be so much easier! Please let me know when you get time. Thanks!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hi dear Enna, the texture paste is nowhere near as glossy as GA. I applied a really thin coat and you can really only see it when the light falls at an angle. I've never noticed that GA would turn yellow, nor that Nuvo drops crack. My isse with Nuvo drops is that they flatten if I leave even a peace of paper on them. Unless they dry for a REALLY long time! I use them because they're pretty and most of my cards are given, not sent. Have you tried Nuvo glaze? It's really close to GA but slightly thinner. I feel it's harder to apply to say word cuts, but it pretty much looks the same. Thanks for stopping by, hugs XO

      Slet
  3. Beautiful fully loaded card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    SvarSlet
  4. A gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Challenge. Marlene

    SvarSlet
  5. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this time and good luck :)

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to