AAA Birthday game #5


Hello everyone!

It's time for a new challenge over at AAA Birthday! This is game #5 the theme is 'stencil'.



I absolutely LOVE! stencils! You can do so many techniques with them for simple and suttle or fully loaded texture. For this card I chose my most favorite technique - a thick coat of texture paste covered with embossing powder. I'm in love with the raised, yet intricate pattern dressed in glitter!


I started by inkblending an ombre layer of Victorian velvet Oxide ink. Then i placed the Simon says stamp Star medallion over and smeared on a thick coat of Ranger texture paste. When removing the stencil there's enough time to wash it before covering the panel in embossing powder. I used WOW! Turkish nights - one of my favorites. For this look it's important that you let the texture paste dry before heat setting the embossing powder. Just look at that texture!


For the sentiment I die cut the Simple and Basic Tillykke (congrats) die SBD015 5 times. To avoid white sides I lightly blended over Seedless preserves Distress ink. It resembles the purple in the embossing powder and gives the card an autumn vibe. I gave the top layer a thicker coat of ink, ran over it with my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and gave it a coat of Nuvo glaze.


For a finishing touch I added a couple of gold sequins.

I hope I have inspired you! And do please check out the inspiration on the blog from our guest designer as well as the other talented ladies on the design team.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

The card is entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Oh you're so clever with stencils! The edges are so crisp and clean, i always get into such a mess when I use embossing paste. Love the sparkle and heavy look of the stencil and greeting contrasted with the flat empty space on your card.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so very much, Jane! hugs Tina xo

      Slet
  2. what a gorgeous stencil, love the depth you created with the texture paste, thank you for joining in at MMM.

    SvarSlet
  3. What a great card! Love how you used the stencil to be a great focal point, not just the background. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for playing with us at the Make My Monday Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    SvarSlet
  4. oh WOW Tina, what a fabulous card! and I just love love love that embossing paste! hugs AlliC XoX

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, sweetie! Hugs Tina XoX

      Slet
  5. Tina your card is gorgeous and stunning. I can't wait to try this with a stencil. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to