Guest designer for A place to start

Hello everyone!
The lovely Chana from A place to start challenge blog kindly asked me to guest design for them, and I'm honored and delighted to do so! The October challenge is such a fun one! Now there's a challenge that's bound to unleash your creative spark!

A few weeks ago we went to the christening of our friends baby girl. I had most of the card planned in my head, and it was perfect for this challenge!

So many cute images to choose from, but I went with the Whimsy stamps digital image "Baby Ellie".  So adorable holding the trunk of Mama elephant. I printed it on Neenah cardstock, colored it with Copics and die cut it with a My favorite things Dotted circle stax die.

Copics used:
Ellie: W5, W3, W1, W0, RV21, RV00
Bow: RV25, RV21, RV00 - After it dried I added BV000
Other: RV21, RV00, C1

For the card itself I used the Dutch Doobadoo Card art Baby onesie. It's not a die, but a stencil. It lets you line out both the onesie base (a tri-fold card) as well as the "add-on". I used my scissors to cut the base from baby pink cardstock and 5 add-ons from white - 2 for the outside front, 1 for the outside back and 2 for the inside of the card. The 3 outside ones I dry embossed with the Couture Creations Tied together embossing folder. I lightly spritzed the cardstock before embossing, to avoid too much cracking.

Before attaching the front add-on I placed a piece of ribbon, adhering it to the back as well. I popped up the circle die cut with craft foam and placed it over the ribbon.
Before attaching the inside add-on (the one on the backside of the front) I cut 4 pieces of lace. I folded it in swirls (really hard to show on the photo) and made sure they were really stuck to the base before covering them with the add-on piece.

For the sentiment and name cut outs I cut a piece of white cardstock that I covered with WOW! embossing ink and WOW! Opaque pastel pink embossing powder. After heat setting I repeated the process twice, so 3 layers in total. I then inked it again and covered it with WOW! Vintage romance embossing glitter. I initially chose the opaque base because I wanted the baby pink color to be more prominent. But as it turns out, the technique has the advantage that the glitter doesn't shed from your project. Usually you'll get a few specks of glitter when running your hand across heat embossed WOW! embossing glitter. It isn't a lot, but since "Daddy" hates glitter I particularly loved the smooth finish for this project,. Win-win!
So I then cut the Dixi Craft Tillykke (congrats) and for the name I used Altenew Inline alpha dies. I cut all them 2 more times from white cardstock and layered them for dimension.

Finishing touches to the card was a little bow and 3 heart shaped pearls (instead of buttons). They are Lucy Abrams Blossom hearts.

I believe I can check off the following
Column #1 - image, sentiment
Column #2 - shaped card, die, dry embossing
Column #3 - embossing powder, glitter
Column #4 - pearls
Column #5 - ribbon, lace, (faux stitching)

I do hope you like my inspiration and that you'll give this challenge a try. It is so much fun! Find inspiration from the design team and the challenge link on A place to start blog.
Thanks for having me, Chana!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

The card is entered into

Kommentarer

  1. Absolutely delightful! Love everything about it and how delicate is that lace.
    Thanks for being Guest Designer with us this month over at A Place To Start.
    Scarlett xoxo

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Scarlett! Thanks for having me, I had so much fun creating this! Hugs, Tina xoxo

      Slet
  2. Your project has amazing texture and great colors. It's so sweet. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at A Place to Start this month.

    SvarSlet
  3. It's a really delightful creation for a baby Christening and it's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge, but as you will see from our post/rules we do not accept entries using digi images.

    B x

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, I keep forgetting, Brenda. Thanks!

      Slet
  4. Beautiful creatie for a babygirl! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    SvarSlet
  5. a really cute project, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
    Tilly

    SvarSlet
  6. A very cute looking card. Sweet image. Thank you for joining our celebration challenge over at the Paper Shelter this week. We now have a new fun challenge up for you to join!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to