Birthday card for Sis

Hello everyone! I'm back with a card that's anything but cas! I often find that making cards for a specific person is easier than "just" making a card that's for "anyone". And I've said before I'm a more-is-more kinda person. Yet sometimes I feel that maybe I went a bit too far... This may be more of a shabby chiec type of card. I don't know. What do you think?
I started by coloring this fun Stamping Bella image - Uptown Girls Whitney and Wendy love wine. Those ruffles! And of course I had to give at least one dress a glitter treatment, lol! Oh, wait, what's that? Yes, they are glitter stilettos as well.
Copics used:
Skin: E04, E11, E00, E000 + R32, R20
Hair: E41, E43, E44 / E23, E25, E29
Dresses/Hats: RV69, RV29, RV25, RV23, RV21, RV10 / B39, B37, B26, B24, B23, B21 + BG57, BG53, BG01
Bottle/Wine: C7, C5, C3 + R89, R46, R35
I chose a square card base and a whole bunch of dies. Base layer is a patterned paper (local store) and it was cut at the top using a Nellie Snellen edges die and on the right side I handcut after tracing the edge of the Poppystamps Samba hearts border. Then I softly wiped my embossing ink all around it and heat embossed with WOW! Vintage Peacock (so gooorgeous!).
I then cut the Marianne Design Twine oval base + frame from white cardstock because I wanted the Bellas to stand out from the busy background. The flag banner is from La-La-Land and the quite large sentiment I stamped on vellum and cut with My favorite things pierced heart and layered onto another heart cut from Memory Box patterned paper.
 I heat embossed with a mix of WOW! Metalline red embossing powder and Her carriage awaits sparkles (glitter) and then adhered the negatives (the hearts) from the Poppystamps border. I added a glass of wine (Copics used: R89, R46, RV25 + C3, C1, C0) courtesy of MFT, and the tiny Poppystamps stitched envelope cut from the same Memory Box paper. I adhered 2 excess hearts to give the illusion that the hearts are falling out of the envelope. The tiny HB2U tag is also Poppystamp (Heart tag trio) and the rolled felt flowers (yes, I made those, can you believe it?!) are Joy Crafts Roll up roses.
And that's it. Easy peasy. Bwahahaha...
In all honesty I struggled a bit to fit all the elements in, but I wasn't willing to loose any of them. Oh well... I hope you like it. I do.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

The card is entered into:
Stamping Bella Sistahood - hope blooms
http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.com/ - embossing
https://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/ - spots / stripes
https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ - anything goes
https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - anything goes


Kommentarer

  1. Your card is simply stunning, I love it and so glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    SvarSlet
  2. I just love these image and great colouring too thanks for sharing at crafty Catz good luck in the draw

    SvarSlet
  3. Fabulous card! you've been very creative :-) .... thanks for sharing with the Polkadoodles challenge this week, hugs Nelly Dt x

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card