Invitations for a christening and 30th birthday


Hello everyone! This without a doubt is my biggest project to date. And I'm so happy (and proud) of how it turned out. See this young woman on the right, a family friend (picture published with permission) asked if I could create 30 invitations for the christening of her daughter. No problem, right! She really liked a bokeh background I did a while back - man, did they take a long time to create. My arm was falling off by the 30th 😆
I had the layout all figured out. Background and label cut with Simple and Basic dies, cutie batootie MFT elephants colored, MFT Baby rattle and Altenew In-line alpha's cut.
This year however, we've all been affected by a certain virus. So they've had to delay the christening. And now it was conveniently close to her 30th birthday, so she'd really like for me to add that. What a challenge it was to get this just right. I wanted her to love it, but perhaps more importantly I wanted me to love it. To be proud of it.
So I came up with this idea to let it have the appearence of an invitation for a christening, add a tiny "lift" sentiment behind the photo and then - voilá! Christening and birthday invitation in one.
The semi-circle is an MFT die, party girls are Stamping Bella - I didn't color them because 1- I simply didn't have the time and 2- I didn't want that coloring to be the focal point. I added a Poppystamps bow to the rattle in 2 tones of pink cardstock. And of course I stamped the elephant on the envelopes as well.

I really hope you like this one. I sure do!

I'm entering this into:




Kommentarer

  1. Awesome card. Great idea and love the colors and images. So sweet. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Creations in Pink)

    SvarSlet
  2. A beautiful background colour combination with a cute elephant image,thank you for joining in at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

    SvarSlet
  3. Lovely card...like the pop out tab! Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

    SvarSlet
  4. The bokeh background is magical - what great makes! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Masculine birthday card