Birth board / Dåbstavle

Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing this custom made birth board. It's a danish tradition that we call "dåbstavle" or birth board - at least I haven't heard of anywhere else doing this 😅  It features the name of the new baby as well as birth data - date and time, hospital where birth took place, weight and lenght at birth.
This piece is letter sized - 21x30cm or close to 8.5x11 inches. Although very large there isn't really a new or difficult technique to this, I just thought this large project deserved a little extra attention.

So obviously some of this was done on my computer - the name (no fill) and all the data. Then I stamped the Sunny Studios Super Duper super heroes and added a few lightnings and puffs. Since this is for a boy I masked off the pony tail and hair bun on the girl images. Some of the speech bobbles were stamped, some were outlined from a Clearly Besotted stencil and a few were hand drawn. 
Once everything was colored I masked off everything. I also masked off the edges and placed narrow strips of washi tape across the cardstock. At the top I used a My favorite things and an Altenew stencil for sun rays and a city skylight.
Here I used a My favorite things stencil for clouds.
Here I again used a My favorite things and an Altenew stencil.

Thanks for stopping by! Stay safe and hapåpy crafting!

Tina 



 

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to