AAA Birthday card challenge #19 - For a child

 

Hello everyone! Today we're kicking off a new challenge over at AAA Birthday blog and the theme this month is For a child.

It just so happened that I needed a birthday card for the boy next door and, according to my daughter, the scarier the better. So I thought it was the perfect opportunity to finally use my My favorite things Baby shark die-namics.

I die cut the shark parts from grey cardstock, of course except for the teeth that were cut from white cardstock. I darkened the edges with a bit of Faded jeans distress ink. I added Aged mahogany to the inside of the mouth and applied a bit of candied apple to the teeth with a sponge dauper. I added googly eyes - just because.

I die cut his name using Altenew Bold alphas and stacked 3 layers of the same grey cardstock. I wiped my WOW! embossing ink on the bottom of the letters and added a touch of Black Magic embossing powder, a favorite of mine.
I ink blended the background going from lightest to darkest starting in the middle og the panel. I used Tumbled glass, Mermaid lagoon and Chipped sapphire distress inks. I then placed the My favorite things Radiating rays stencil on top and spritzed a few times with my water sprayer. I left the stencil while letting the water re-activate the ink. Then removed the stencil and dapped off the excess water.
I popped up the shark and aligned the name and sentiment with my T-square ruler. The sentiment is from MFT Sharky sentiments. As a final touch I hand cut the corner of the card to make it look like the shark had taken a bite out of it and added a bit of red ink there as well.

So there you have my inspiration for this month, but don't forget to hop on over to the AAA Birthday blog to check out the cards from the rest of our team and our guest designer. I can't wait to see what you create! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay safe and happy crafting!
Tina

The card is entered into:
https://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/









Kommentarer

  1. Perfectly scary card! Love the dipped letters, fabulous idea.

    SvarSlet
  2. Scary indeed and perfect for a boy card. I bet he loves it. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    SvarSlet
  3. Great card, love the ink blended background xx

    SvarSlet
  4. Thanks for posting nice blog with us. Stand Out With Folded Raised Foil Greeting Cards At PrintMagic

    Print Greeting cards and are a great way of sending your good wishes to clients, coworkers, friends, and family, And without having to spend too much money. Folded Raised Foil Greeting Cards also help you to create a better relationship between clients and businesses, but why go for custom printing when you can buy a regular card from the store?

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card