AAA Birthday challenge - game #21 A stencil background

 

Hello everyone! And happy new year to all! Fingers crossed for a better 2021, right? 
Today we're kicking off the first challenge of 2021 over at AAA Birthday challenge blog, and the theme is - A stencil background. I don't think I have to tell you that I love stencils. In fact, it's probably my most favorite technique of all! There are som many different types of stencils. Different patterns, layering, masking, etc. They're low priced and so versatile! What's not to love?!

Since it's January I wanted to create a winter scene for my birthday card. And these My favorite things Snow buddies are just perfect for that.

For my background I used 3 different stencils. First I masked off the bottom with the Simon says stamp Waves and hills stencil (I cut mine apart for better usage). Then I blended the top of the background with Picked raspberry, Blueprint sketch and Black soot oxide inks. I'll be honest, this isn't my best blending but I wanted to avoid getting a blended purple in the middle. 
I let it dry and then laid over the My favorite things Ray of light stencil. I softly wiped over it with Spun suger oxide ink.

I used the SSS stencil and Spun sugar oxide ink to create a few snowbanks. I then dried the panel with my heat tool and applied some Ranger opaque white texture paste through That special taste of Snow is falling stencil and set it aside to dry. 

I popped up the images with craft foam and I had to remove a few of the snow dots. They peeled off easily. Of course I had to add a little sparkle and (although it's hard to see) I also added small dots of liquid applique to the dog. Maybe those girls aren't as sweet and innocent as they look...

I hope you're feeling inspired to create your own stencil background and join our challenge

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay safe and happy crafting!

Tina

The card will be entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Very cool, love the rays, must try that sometimes. love your pretty sky too

    SvarSlet
  2. Oh, how sweet and fun!! Such fabulous stencilled background and the stamps are really cute and beautifully coloured. A lovely scene!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge

    SvarSlet
  3. Awesome look you've achieved with that stencil, love how it looks like it's been pleated.

    SvarSlet
  4. A lovely colourful and cute card. I really like how you used the stencil, it looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    SvarSlet
  5. Hello friend!! I love the effect that was created from the thickness of the stencil (those light/faint lines of white). It almost looks like you folded the cardstock or had a dry embossed piece that you inked. So fun!!

    SvarSlet
  6. So colourful and what an effective background using that stencil, many thanks for sharing and joining our 'Feminine' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque January challenge.

    B x

    SvarSlet
  7. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to