DIY Slimline envelope

 

Hello everyone and welcome back! If you stopped by yesterday you know that I created a rare slimline card and since I made it quite large I had to also create my own envelope. 

I know. This looks weird, right! But like I said the card was large, infact the whole width of my cardstock (which is just a teeny bit wider than the standard US cardstock). So I had to think out of the box. Well actually, I kinda cheated. You see, I remembered having seen a YouTube video of gift wrapping using scraps that were too small - see here - and that's the technique I used. I had to test on a piece of printer paper first as to not make too many folds in my cardstock, but eventually I made it fit.

I then stamped a couple of the darling pandas from Simon says stamp Party like a panda, along with balloons, confetti and sentiments. I didn't forget my friends birthday, but I did foresee it possibly would arrive late due to Covid-19, just never imagined 3 months late.

I cut out her name with Altenew Bold Alpha dies, and before adhering them I covered the bottom half with WOW! embossing ink and then applied WOW! Black magic - it's gooooorgeous!!

The top flap I stamped with Altenew Beautiful Day layered stamps in black and grey.The tiny sentiments are from Honey Bee stamps and then I sealed the envelope with a birthday themed washi tape.

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay safe, and happy crafting!

Entered into:

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to