Shadow box cards

 
Hello everyone! I've been thinking about how I could make some kind of interactive cards for the Danish Operation write home. I figured that Shadow box cards would be the perfect solution because they fold to a standard card size yet pop up for a little fun.
I absolutely love how these came out but they do use more cardstock. Maybe I'll try and change the size to accomodate more of these.

For each card I used 2 pieces of cardstock sized 10,5 x 19 cm (finished card size is A6 - similar to US A2) and scored 1 and 2 cm from both ends. Fold them in different directions and when put together you have a very easy shadow box card. Follow instructions here.

I cut an oval from one panel and a smaller size from colored cardstock. I adhered the colored panel inside the white for sturdiness. After all they will go around the world, possibly twice.
I didn't think to add the sentiment before adding the colored panel, but I did stamp it before putting the front and back panels together. 

I used the same color of cardstock to sturdy the back panel and also added clouds with a white texture paste and Newton's Nook Cloudy sky stencil. I was using a cheap paste. It smelled like paint honestly, but I liked the light consistency for the clouds. I deliberately made them uneven to make the clouds look fluffy.

I created 3 cards in total and except for different colors they are the same. I'm actually quite liking mass producing cards. Making more doesn't prolong the process by much and once you've assembled one it's easier and faster to assemble the rest.

The cute dragons are cuortesy of My favorite things Magical dragons. For each dragon I cut a strip of acetate and adhered it to the back of it. I don't have the dies for this set, but I did cut out a small piece of cardstock to sandwich the acetate inbetween. I'm not sure it's nescessary though. I also adhered a small firespew to each dragon.

I placed the dragon and adhered it to the side fold of the back panel with a piece of double sided tape and then assembled the cards with liquid glue. Now the dragon is floating in the 3D box card.

I cut out small clouds and the cloudy Congrats from Avery Elle Fly by and adhered them to the front panel, making sure one cloud was strategely placed to hide the acetate.

Like I said, I love how these came out and I hope they will bring lots of joy to their recipients.
If you're still here, thank YOU! I hope you'll leave me a comment, they bring me such joy!

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay safe and happy crafting!

Tina


The cards are entered into the following challenges:














Kommentarer

  1. Oh my gosh, these are absolutely adorable and your techniques are fabulous! They would make the most adorable baby cards as well! LOVE THEM ALL! So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

    SvarSlet
  2. Such a fun cards! All cards are so beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up at Polkadoodles Anything goes card making and crafting challenge – Week 24.
    Ana

    SvarSlet
  3. These are fabulous Tina!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

    SvarSlet
  4. Adorable shadow box designs, Tina. Fabulous coloring and dimension. Thanks for sharing with Colour Crazy Craft Challenge this week.

    SvarSlet
  5. Oh goodness, these are fantastic! What great technique! Adorable dragons and wonderfully textured clouds. Thanks for sharing these cuties with us at Digi Doodle Studios!
    Linda

    SvarSlet
  6. Beautiful! I love this card style and you executed it perfectly! Great dimension and awesome color integration! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    SvarSlet
  7. Gorgeous cards, I love the dragons and great design. Thanks for joining in our June 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    SvarSlet
  8. Congratulations, you were selected as a Week 2 Rising Star at A Place To Start! Thanks for supporting our challenge. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM

    SvarSlet
  9. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Boys to Men" challenge at Digi Doodle Studios!

    SvarSlet
  10. Oh My Gosh! How adorable! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to