70th birthday

 

Hey everyone! Today I'm sharing a custom made birthday card for a friend of the family. Meaning my Mom asked me to make it for someone I've known most of my life. So I wanted it to be special.
The recipient is a joker, it's always fun to be around her. My Mom asked me to include that 
- she plays golf 
- has a wiener (dachshund) 
- has worked for SAS (the airline) for a lifetime and 
- "plumeria, the flag of Thailand or something else Thai" since she's married to a Thai (a prince none th eless) and travels there a lot.

Oh, and by the way, if you think the tag looks familiar that's because the tag was in my post for AAA Birthday card for september, which is still running, so check that out HERE.


So these happy ladies are from the Art Impressions Girlfriends series, the Laughing set. I love them! And it was absolutely perfect for this card! I totally picture my Mom and her friend like this rolling over with laughter. I can almost hear them, lol! The wiener is from the older Waffle Flower Pawsome set.
Copics used:
Skin: E13, E11, E21, E00 + RV23, RV13 + R83
Hair: E44, E43, E42 / E43, C3, C1
Black: 100, C9, C7, C5
Grey: C7, C5, C3
White: C3, C1, colorless blender
Pink: RV25, RV14, RV13, RV11
Blue: B99, B97, B95, B91
Earrings: YR27, Y35, Y21
Wiener: E77, E79, E35, E34, E31


The base is patterned paper from a local store. Isn't it pretty? And with hibiscus and plumeria it's perfect for this card!
From bottom and up I added:
Brush Tillykke (congrats) from Gitte's eget design
70 from Mama Elphant Numbers - both added some sparkle and glossy accents
Golf bag and clubs from Leane Creatief (I used the same markers as above + R27)

And at the top I added a scene with a golf green and mountains in the distance to resemble a Northern Thailand golf course. I used Waffle Flower Mountain scene stencil and Twisted citron, Evergreen bough and Tumbled glass Distress oxide inks. I left the Poppystamps Stitched cloudline die on the cardstock while ink blending to get a white outline. I thought it would stand out more like that. Of course, the flag on the green is the Thai flag.
Overflying this picturesque scene is an airplane which I colored to look like it's from SAS. The airplane and palmtrees are from a local store.

At this point I decided to add a little extra something. You may have noticed the tea-bag? 


It has a funny sentiments from Art Impressions on one side, which totally fits the card btw, and a hand-written one on the other. Well, it's supposed to be an air-sickness bag. Once many years ago she had been teasing my sister about motion sickness (in affection, don't worry) and they sent us an air-sickness bag adressed to Puky. I couldn't help myself and it was the icing on this birthday card.


I'm really happy with how this turned out and how many small details I was able to fit in. Do you enjoy creating that kind of card? Let me know in th ecomments.

Thanks for stopping by!
Stay safe, and happy crafting!

Tina


Entering the card into












Kommentarer

  1. Fabulous personalisd card -brilliant image and great colouring-love the P.paper and added teabag
    Carol x

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card