Shoes can change your life - a Cinderella story

 

*ADD*
Hello everyone! I have this dreamy fairytale inspired card up on the Alex Syberia Design blog today - hop on over for a closer look.


I mean, can we just take in all that glitter for a minute 😍

I used the Be Girly stamp, and I actually modified the stamp a bit. I continued the sole to the tip making these open toe stiletto's. It really was just a matter of adding 2 lines.

I went back and forth with this card. First I planned to use lots of glitter. But I didn't want to leave the bow uncolored, as I wanted to see the shadows and highlights of the beautiful design. Once I had colored them though, I almost didn't have the heart to cover all those details. 

Luckily I had printed it out twice for layers, so I colored the bow once more and decided to add glitter to those. I cut off the "underside" of the bows, since you wouldn't see the glitter on the inside fold. 

I used just a few Copic markers:
BG49, BG15, BG23, G00
100, C7 / C5, C3, C1


I decided on WOW! Sparkles Your carriage awaits (FYI the Sparkles are glitter, NOT embossing powder). 
To adhere it to the fuzzy cut bows I used bonding powder. Now, bonding powder and I do not get along very well, I really struggle with it. It simply cools too quickly for me and the glitter doesn't stick, ACK!

So my first try left almost nothing but a glossy layer on the bows. 2nd try I did what Marion from WOW! does - pressed the glitter into the bonding powder while it was still warm.

Honestly, when I realized that ALL the glitter had stuck I almost cried. I felt it was way too much. I really wanted to see those shadows and highlights, which is not the case on these. And for a minute I considered not using them.


But in the end I decided that sentiment (which I created in Word btw) needed a pair of shoes that would stand out and make themselves seen. And I even added a few gems, as if the card wasn't already glittery enough, lol.
Anyway, I for one would definately wear these. And maybe I'd feel a bit like Cinderella......

What about you? Do you think it's too much?
Let me know in the coments.

Thanks for stopping by.
Stay safe, and happy crafting.

Tina


The card is entered into:







Kommentarer

  1. Brilliant card and fabulous shoes love the colour and all the glitter
    Carol x

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card