Alex Syberia October release is now live - Halloween fun with layering and masking stamps

 

Hello everyone! The October release from Alex Syberia is now available in her Etsy shop. This release has cute and spooky halloween stamps, as well as gorgeous flowers. You're going to love it!


Today I'm sharing 2 cards with you that was created in somewhat the same way. For this first one I layered the Spider web 1 from Spider web bundle over the Halloween pumkins. It was a little tricky seeing all the details of the pumpkins through the intricate spider web, I'll be honest. But it was totally worth it.

Copics used:
YR09, YR68, YR04, YR21
G99, G24, G40


When printing the panels I made sure to print on regular printer paper as well. I fuzzy cut the rows of pumpkins out of the printer paper, added Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue to the back and let it dry (any glue that dries tacky will work). 

Once the glue was dry I layed it over my colored panel and ink blended using Altenew inks from Cherry blossom and Shades of purple.
I really like the look of the pumpkins peeking out from behind the spider web.

Sentiment from Sunny Studios Harvest Mice.


So as I said I used the same technique for the second card where I layered the Halloween cat 1 stamp over the Spider web 2 from Spider web bundle.

This has much simpler coloring but gives more room for that cute spider to show her web. Don't you think?

Copics used:
C9, C7, C5 + C3, C1
RV11
YG17, YG06, YG03, YG01
V17, V15, V12


This time I fuzzy cut the cat, added the liquid glue and let dry. I only used the purple inks for this card, creating ombré shades but centering it at the centre of the spider web, as opposed to the centre of the card panel.

I gold heat embossed a sentiment from Poppystamps Halloween fun. How cute is that sentiment?

For a finishing touch I added a tiny bit of shimmer and glossy accents to the spider and cat eyes.


I shared my first video on YouTube just a few days ago - eeeek!
And here's my second video on how to layer digital stamps in Microsoft Word. It's in danish since my Word programme is in danish, there already are tutorials in english and I know of some danish crafters looking for one. I'm pretty sure you'll understand even if you don't speak danish, though. But let me know if you would like me to do one in english as well.




Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to check out the full release on Etsy, as well as the release Instagram hop where you can win one of 3 $15 gift certificates to the Etsy shop.


**ADD**


The cards are entered into:

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card