Fa-BOO-lous mixed media halloween card

 

Hello everyone! Halloween is just around the corner and I have just a few more cards I want to share. 
I'll be honest, I did NOT! like this background when I made it. I was playing with spray inks and this one just came out too dark and brown when I'd wanted red/green. In an attempt to make it just slightly more interesting I added blue splatters. That only made things worse.

But once I had die cut the Poppystamps Spellcaster witch and magical cauldron it all just seemed to fit. This witch is brewing up something nasty and poisonous in that cauldron!


With my finger I softly added a bit of Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Cire Cera Wax (that must be the longest name in crafting history). I used the color Firebird. It's a coppery color with a beautiful shine! 
I added the wax all along the front of the witch and along the folds of her dress. To protect the next "fold" I inserted a piece of cardstock into the fold, covering the previous fold. Hope that makes sense.


This is the result.


To finish the background I darkened the edges with black soot oxide ink and splattered some diluted gold acrylic paint. I then adhered the cauldron to the background and popped up the witch for dimension.


The sentiment is also from Poppystamps, from the Halloween fun set. And that's it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Stay safe, and happy crafting!

Tina


The card is entered into:










Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card