AAA Birthday Blog game #32 - Easel card

 


Hey everyone! Can you believe it's December 😱
Honestly this year has flown by just as fast as 2020, in my opinion. But! Before we're ready to end the year we have one more challenge for you this year at AAA Birthday Blog, and our theme for the month of December is - Easel card! 


Easel cards are pre-bent to stand up and show off their beauty. Easel cards can easily be made without dies (lots of tutorials on YouTube), but this time I chose to use the Poppystamps Adriana pop up easel set. It has a beautiful leafe ornament frame and a shaped base.

I die cut the base from white cardstock and the base background from patterned paper (from a really old Joy! Creations pad). Before die cutting the ornament frame I covered my white cardstock with washi tape from Memory Box - Watercolor Forest Greenery. I find that using my bonefolder while layering it over really helps to smooth it out.

The washi tape has holly, red berries and other winter greenery, but I believe holly, snow and deer are not just for Christmas cards. We season our cards all year round, so why not for winter as well?!


I chose to use the Altenew Winter cardinal as focal point. It is a layering stamp set and I used the Altenew Red Cosmos inks.


I added a bit of liquid applique and glitter to the branch, to complete the winter scene. 


I didn't have the heart to place a sentiment on the front of the card, so instead I die cut one of the sentiment frames from the easel die set. I had some washi tape-cardstock leftover from the frame. I did cut out 2 frames from white cardstock as well to layer the, This way they will catch the front of the card when standing up. It's not really nescessary, but it finishes the look.

The sentiment (from Simmon Says Stamp Big birthday wishes) is black heat embossed on vellum.

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT inspiration and join our challenge at AAA Birthday Blog!

Stay safe, and happy crafting!
Tina











Kommentarer

  1. Absolutely stunning! The perfect die for an easel card and the colours are just gorgeous.

    SvarSlet
  2. fabulous, I just love the bold colour of Cardinals

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes they're so beautiful, even more in real life

      Slet
  3. The die is so striking cut from patterned paper, and it's perfectly paired with this sweet cardinal!

    SvarSlet
  4. Love your card. The colours are lovely and the use of washi tape is a great idea.

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to