Alex Syberia Designs Smile and Wave

 

Hey everyone, I'm up on the Alex Syberia Designs blog today with a set of cute cards that can be used for either birthday or Christmas and I absolutely love that these stamps can be used for both!
I'm using the Smile and Wave stamps and dies along with the Smile die

**Add, since I'm on the design team, but the opinions are my own**


The cards were made in the same way. I lightly spritzed a bit of water on both sides of my cardstock, to prevent too much warping. I then carefully added my color burst powders, for the pink card I used Lindy's magical shaker Magnolia magenta gold. I really love the wimsical look and thought these backgrounds were perfect for these cute penguins riding their snowboards.


Sigh! Just look at those "golden" spots, much more shimmery in real life. And I really love the pink and blue speks in there. These penguins are having snow much fun, pun intended.  


I Copic colored the darling penguins and die cut them with the coordinating dies. Markers used: 100, C9, C7, C5, C3, C00 / YR09, YR04, YR21. The pink combo is RV69, RV09, RV06 and the green combo is G29, G17, G14.


For the green card I used a Nuvo shimmer powder, in the color Green parade. I'm usually not a big fan of green, but man the blues and yellows and black creating those deep green hues... Just gorgeous, don't you think?


For both cards I cut the Smile shadow from black cardstock and the word from a coordinating glitter cardstock. I also added sub sentiments, white heat embossed on black and die cut them with the coordinating dies.


Thanks so much for stopping by, I really hope you like my inspiration. As crafters we tend to want to control our results and that's hard with these color burst powders, so you have to let go a little. I have so much fun playing with them though. I think I let go a little too rarely, lol. Let me know in the comments if you like working with color burst powders.

Tina

Kommentarer

  1. Love the beautiful backgrouns and the fabulous Penguin image
    Carol x

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to