Father's day


Hi everyone!
Father's day is always on June 5th here in Denmark, 
and I made this card for my daughter to give to her daddy.




I used the new to me, but now retired, My favorite things Monster Sized stamps.  I colored them to coordinate with the pink, green and teal embossing glitters I wanted to use. After coloring I fuzzycut the images.




For my background I used the Newton's Nook Tumbling hearts stencil. I wanted to create the look of a sparkling galaxy so I first applied a thick layer of texture paste. After removing the stencil I sprinkled WOW! embossing glitters in Midnight dream and Calypso along the edge of the panel and Spring breeze, Sorbet, Pink Sorbet and Purple glitz in rainbow order on the rest of the panel. 

How to: You want to make sure you turn your paper over 
(rather than letting the excess slide of) in between every color. 
When done let the panel dry completely before you heat emboss. 
I really love the dimension this technique gives.

My tip for you: I LOVE glitter and I had so much fun creating this, 
but it made quite a mess. If your hubby is a little squimish with glitter, 
do it while he's not home. Shhh....




Sentiments from the MFT set and Lawn Fawn Happy happy happy are white heat embossed on black cardstock using WOW! opaque bright white. I also used black cardstock as backing for the Simon Says Stamp Big happy, and the top is heat embossed with WOW! silver sparkle embossing powder.
Monsters are popped up for dimension and I cut off one hand of the pink to make it look like he's hanging from the H.

Copics used:
RV09, RV06, RV04, RV21
G17, G05, G02, G00
BG49, BG45, BG11
Y08, Y06, Y11
W9, W7, W5

Hope you find inspiration in my project.
Thanks for stopping by!

The card is entered into the WOW! June challenge - yes, you guessed it, it's glitter, and the Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge #124 Anything goes.

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: tekst
Billedresultat for simon says stamp flickr challenge badge

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to