Simon says masculine


Hi all, 

I needed a Father's day card for my Dad and I was just lost for ideas. So I went for a very simple card, or so I thought because the layout still had me thinking way too much. But I like the result.




I started by inkblending a panel with Oxide inks in Twisted citron, Peacock feathers and Blueprint sketch. From black cardstock I die cut the Pinkfresh Studio Geo Floral cover die and placed it over the inkblended panel. Also from black cardstock I die the second smallest My favorite things linked chain circle die. I left in all the pieces bakced it with crafting foam.




I embossed the sentiment with WOW! Totally teal embossing glitter. The big block letters are MFT and the sentiment simply means: Dad, you're super! Although it's a masculine card it felt a little bare, so I added a couple of Lucy Abrams sequins from the Snowfall mix. They have a very light tint of icy blue which was just right for this card.




Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

Kommentarer

  1. So colorful! So glad to have found you through the SSS challenge.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Slet
  2. Your card is just wonderful! I love the black against the blended colors underneath, and those sequins add just the right amount of "life" to the design. Well done! Thanks so much for entering it into our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    SvarSlet
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    SvarSlet
  4. Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.

    SvarSlet
  5. Fabulous card! and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar challenge hugs Sue x

    SvarSlet
  6. Wonderful card! I love the colour combination! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    SvarSlet
  7. Love the colors and background. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

    SvarSlet
  8. Beautiful fathers day card-love the large die and inky background.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
    Carol DT x

    SvarSlet
  9. A standout card Tina. Thanks for your entry at Let's Craft and Create. Anne ( DT )

    SvarSlet
  10. Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.

    SvarSlet
  11. Thank you for your entry at Through the Purple Haze.
    Sabina DT

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. And for the entry at Let's craft and Create. You did a gorgeous card. Love those bright colours. :)

      Slet
    2. Thank you so much, Sabina!

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to