Strawberry shake and tropical flowers


Hi there,


Confession, I don't always buy things when they're released. Other than the obvious financial reason, I find that if I wait I'll know if I REALLY need it in my life, lol 😄 
So, for this card I wanted to use the new-to-me My favorite things Cool cup die.



I have done alcohol ink backgrounds before, but never used my Copic refills. But to achieve the very light pink swirly background I wanted, I decided to use refills RV00 and RV02. I also have some RV06 on this, but I didn't use that part for this card. I wanted some glitter in my strawberry shake, so before the ink dried I simply added some Lawn Fawn chunky glitter. I didn't know if the glitter would stick, but it did!
After it dried I cut the cup part. The whipped cream is cut from white cardstock and I decided to add sprinkles with my RV02 copic marker and I also added Spun sugar oxide ink along the edge. The straw was also cut from white cardstock and colored with Copics RV09 and RV06.




I then stamped the 3 single flowers from Simon Says Stamp Strageness. I stamped them with SSS Barely beige, because I was planning to emboss them after coloring. But I changed my mind and left them with no line. This is my first try at no-line coloring, and I'm quite happy with the result. I used Copics RV09, RV06, RV02 and RV00.
I then fuzzy cut the flowers and added craft foam to all the flowers and the cup.




For the background I used SSS Star medalion stencil and Spun sugar oxide ink. The sentiment is from Avery Elle Sweetest and I first stamped it in Picked raspberry oxide ink, thinking that would be it. But I didn't like it, so I restamped with WOW! embossing ink and embossed with WOW! Primary fuchsia fusion. I hope you're getting the summer vibes off of this one!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting.


Kommentarer

  1. So impressed with the stencil work on this project! Very nicely crafted! Thanks so much for sharing this "pretty in pink" creation with us at A Place to Start1
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card