Always be a mermaid


Hi there!

Today we are starting our summer holiday and I wanted to make a card for my daughter. I just had to color up this new Digi Doodles Serina mermaid! 
 

The background was created by ink blending Milled lavendar, Tumbled glass and Mermaid lagoon Distress inks over the Taylored Expressions Sweet scallop stencil.


I printed the mermaid and a sentiment from Digi Doodles Mermaid sentiments. I colored the mermaid with my copics in my favorite colors, pink and teal, and fuzzycut it out. 


I decided the card needed a shaker element and I used the TE Be a mermaid tail die. I die cut the tail from the background and popped up the background with 2 layers of craft foam. I placed the cut out tail in the negative space. I made sure to prep with my antistatic powder bag and added clear sequins and violet glitter before placing the background on top.


I popped up the mermaid and the sentiment. The sentiment is cut with a frame from Lawn Fawn Just for you labels. I also stamped and colored a couple of the shells from the TE Be a mermaid and die cut them.
I'm really happy with the result, and my daughter loved it!

Copics used:
Skin: E04, E11, E50, E00, RV21
Lips: RV25, RV21
Hair: RV00, RV52, RV55
Flowers: RV02, RV06, RV09
Top: BV13, BV01, BV00
Tail: BG09, BG07, BG05, BG01, BG000
Pearls: E40, E41, RV02
Fish: YR16, YR02, YR82
Shell: E40, E41, R01, BV00
Bubbles: B21, BG11, BG000
Mini shells: E40, RV02, BG01

Thank you so much for stopping by, and happy crafting!


This card is entered into:
digi doodle studios - summer

Kommentarer

  1. This is just beautiful, love the background and fab shaker element idea too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    SvarSlet
  2. oh I love your background with the stencil and distress inks - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month.
    Scarlett xoxo

    SvarSlet
  3. Fabulous card love your image and your choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxx

    SvarSlet
  4. Absolutely STUNNING! Love your coloring and the shaker fin! TOO COOL! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios!! -DT Meghan Kennihan (https://madebymeghank.blogspot.com/)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Meghan!

      Slet
  5. I love this stunning creation the sea looks so cool, Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time hugs Pops x x x

    SvarSlet
  6. Fabulous - love the background!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    SvarSlet
  7. Love the project! Again, your shading is awesome. You are forcing me to pull out my stencil and use it for something other than a roof! :D) Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place to Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Chana. Your comments and kind words always make me smile. Hugs, Tina

      Slet
  8. Awesome card. I love the image and your great design. Wonderful stencil background. Love the shaker glitter. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

    Billie A
    Aud Sentiments
    Creative With Stamps
    Catch The Bug
    Always Fun Challenges
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Creations In Pink
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Crafty Gals Corner
    Crafty Catz

    SvarSlet
  9. This is a wonderful card. Love the colours, design and that shaker element is so fun. Thank you for joining us for our Week 28'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

    Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! I'll take a look at the other challenges, thanks for mentioning. Hugs, Tina

      Slet
  10. I love this! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

    SvarSlet
  11. This is so pretty! SO many wonderful elements! Your coloring is amazing.. and then the inking of the stencil and the glimmery shaker? Wondeful!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Jeanne!

      Slet
  12. You have coloured this mermaid beautifully and I love the background. Thanks for entering our challenge at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge Blog. We also have an Anything Goes Challenge running in our Digi Doodle Studios Facebook Fan Group which we would love for you to enter. Just upload your lovely project into this months album! Lisa DT https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.870112530016363&type=3

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! I'll check it out.

      Slet
  13. Wow! Your card is wonderful, Tina! Your mermaid is having so much fun! Great colours and love the addition of the shaker tail! Very clever design! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

    SvarSlet
  14. Awesome card..what a cute image!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to