Creating a background


Hello!

The C.C. Designs Puppy power are new to me, and I just couldn't decide on any one image. So I went with them all and created a background!


I placed the panel in my Misti and placed the stamps randomly - more or less 🙈 By the way, I'm using my Misti because I stamp the images with Simon says stamp Intense black ink. This ink is great with Copics, but doesn't stamp too crisp, so I stamp 2-3 times. I then moved the stamps to cover the whole panel. And then I colored them with my Copics using an obscene amount of brown markers. Don't underestimate the need for brown markers!!! Markers listed below. Once colored in I used a white and black Sakura Gelly pen for highlights and deepening of eyes and smaller details.


To fill out the background I stamped paw printsin Memento Rose bud, as well as bones and balls in black and then colored them in as well. I used the Rose bud ink for the sentiment as well and cut it with a Simple and Basic label die. I cut 2 more labels from white cardstock and inked up the edges with Rose bud ink and then layered them to frame the label. 

Copics used - listed per dog:
E59, E37, E35, E31, C9, C7
E44, E42, E40, W3, colorless blender
W5, W3, W1, W0
E29, E27, E25, E23, E34, E21, E50
E34, E21, E50, C9, C7
W7, W5, W3, W1, C9, C7, C1
E47, E44, E43, E42
E49, E47, E44, E42, W3, colorless blender
E35, E34, E31, C9, C7
E49, E59, E37
Noses: 100, C7
Tongues: RV13, RV11
Ears: RV00, colorless blender
Bones: W3
Collars and bow: RV29, RV25, RV23, 
Balls: RV66, RV55, RV52

Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

This card is entered into:


Kommentarer

  1. Love all the little doggies. Thank you for sharing it with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    SvarSlet
  2. Gorgeous card Tina! those doggies are so cute! and your colouring is fabulous, hugs XoX AlliC

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, sweet Alli! Hugs xo

      Slet
  3. beautiful fun background, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    SvarSlet
  4. Tina, I love this card! Those pups are darling and your coloring is wonderful. I have to say I laughed when I read about the Copic browns, so true, my dear (I'm often embarrassed at how many I pull out for one coloring session). I'm so glad you joined us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I know, right! I try strechting them by blending different color groups or shades. But it still adds up, haha! Thank you so much for you kind words! X

      Slet
  5. Really great job creating a special background design! All of these images are really well-drawn and using so many different puppies really makes this design pop! Very nice job and thanks so very much for sharing it with us at A Place To Start this month! It's wonderful! : )
    Rachelle - DT @ APTS

    SvarSlet
  6. Outstanding work! Your creative stamping and beautiful coloring give this project it's extra visual punch! Thanks so much for sharing. We look forward to seeing more of your fabulous work1
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner Designer
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Pop-up how-to