Watercolored wall paper art


Hello!

Simon says stamp has recently started an IG challenge, and this month it's watercolor. I don't watercolor a lot and I've only recently purchased my first set of Arteza markers. But practice makes perfect, right?!


I prepped my Bristol smooth cardstock with my powder tool, and stamped the Altenew Wallpaper art flower and leaves with WOW! embossing ink, covered with WOW! Metallic platinum embossing powder and heat set it. 


I channeled my inner Kelly Latevola in this video and colored them with my Arteza markers, covering the entire image in 3-4 colores before adding water to blend the colors. I made sure to color outside the lines to prevent all white edges. I thought this kind of coloring would be easier than applying one color at a time. It was difficult though, to let go of the control freak in me, and they didn't turn out like I wanted (they're much darker, lesson learned). I let them dry and fuzzy cut them out.


For the background I used Simon says stamp Star medallion stencil and applied Milled lavendar Distress ink. I then sprayed a bit of Distress resist spray onto an acrylic block and splattered a bit on the background. I covered with WOW! Metallic platinum embossing powder and heat set it.


I popped up the flowers and tucked the leaves underneath. Even with the embossed splatter I felt it needed a couple of Nuvo drops. I used Key lime and Pale perriwinkle jewel drops.
I backed it with a panel of dark purple cardstock for contrast and paced it on a A6 (European) card. Both panels are die cut with Simple and Basic Double pierced rectangle dies.

I hope you like my card. If you do, I would love if you would leave a comment.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy crafting!

This card is entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. Beautiful! I like the vibrancy of your flowers against the paler background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to