MFT sketch challenge

Hello everyone!


I wanted to create a card for the new My favorite things sketch challenge and thought it was about time for me to start my Christmas card collection.
As always I tried to incorporate other challenges - the MFT color challenge (again), masking, sparkle and texture.


I cut a panel of Neenah cardstock to about 4,5x4,25 inches. I stamped a bear from the MFT Polar bear pals and colored it with copics. I also stamped the image on a Post-it and fuzzy cut it to mask the bear. From another Post-it I cut with a Nellie Snellen Multi frame circle die. I placed it centering the bear. I masked the rest of my panel as well and ink blended over the bear using Tumbled glass, Salty ocean and Chipped sapphire Distress inks. I diluted a drop of white acrylic paint with a bit of water and splattered it over the Distress ink.

Copics used:
B39, B69, B29, BG09, BG07, BG57, BG53
W3, W1, W0
C5, C3, C1


After it dried I removed the masks and replaced with the negative mask, the circle. Using the grid on my Tonic glass mat I adhered a strip of double sided tape to the top and bottom of the panel. I did not remove the backing. I then used the Creative Expressions Snow is falling stencil with Ranger opaque texture paste. After the texture paste had dried I placed the panel on a piece of computer paper and removed the tape backing. I then covered it with WOW! Santorini sparkles, folded over the paper and burnished the glitter in with my bonefolder.


I popped up the panel with craft foam for dimension and backed the panel with white cardstock. The sentiment is from MFT Merry everything and stamped with Salty ocean Oxide ink on white cardstock and popped up with foam squares.

That's it from me today, I hope you've been inspired!
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

This card is entered into:

Kommentarer

  1. A really lovely card, great image and colour choice, lovely design too. Thank you for joining our 'Animals' challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    SvarSlet
  2. Thanks so much for accepting our challenge this month at A Place to Start! Masking is one of those techniques that should be in every designer's wheel house because when it is done right, as you have done here, it is seamless. I love all the texture and visual interest in this seemingly simple project...you make it look so easy!
    I hope you will also enter this project into our Anything Goes sister challenge at 613 Avenue Create https://avenue613.blogspotcom
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    A Place To Start Challenge

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, dear Chana! I do love layers but masking really is fun too! Hugs, Tina

      Slet
  3. Such a wonderful card! The design is amazing and I'm loving all the blue....and the snow too! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    SvarSlet
  4. A really sweet image and great design to your card as well, many thanks for joining in with our 'Animals' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    SvarSlet
  5. wonderful make, love the skating bear and all the circular dots of snow, thank you for joining in at MMM

    SvarSlet
  6. Such a beautiful sparkly card.
    Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start this month.
    Scarlett xoxo

    SvarSlet
  7. A lovely cute card, I love the cleanness of the white against the intensity of that blue. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges this month xxx

    SvarSlet
  8. Beautiful winter card! Love the repetitious circles and the coloring is wonderful! Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

    SvarSlet
  9. Thank you for sharing this cute card with us at Winter Wonderland this time. I love the skating polar bear. We hope to see you again soon. Christine DT

    SvarSlet
  10. OMG This so adorably cute, love this stamped image and snow scene you created!
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 613 Avenue Create ... .. Good Luck & hope to see you again!
    DT shell
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    SvarSlet
  11. Beautiful card, Tina. Such a super cute polar bear :). I love the background. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    SvarSlet
  12. Timeless, classy and very striking card!! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    SvarSlet
  13. Love all the sparkle and texture on your gorgeous, festive card. Great colouring too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    SvarSlet
  14. beautiful card, your coloring is wonderful
    thanks for joining us at HLS Christmas Challenge
    Barb Housner

    SvarSlet
  15. I first want to apologize for taking so long to comment. I have been on holidays and I love looking at everyone's entries so I told the design team that I would respond to my quota of entries once I returned. Great card. Your ink blending and colouring is amazing. So jealous! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to