Thank you card


Hello everyone!

Today I'm sharing one of those hard-to-do cards with a lot of feeling. We have the best vet! No doubt about it. I can text his mobile and he will answer when he has a miniute - after hours, weekend, even during his summer holiday. He just proved that this summer, with everything going on with Aslan, our dog that we sent across the rainbow bridge. We are so thankful for his help, so I made him this card. I wanted to do it sooner, but it was hard enough now. I broke down a couple of times during. I managed to really get it to look like him. When I showed it to my daughter she exclaimed 'Aslan!'. So yeah, tough one!
I printed the Mo's digital pencil image "Nana" on Neenah cardstock. I'm guessing she's supposed to be the big nanny dog from Peter Pan, but she could go for a bernese mountain dog as well. I colored it with my Copics and cut it out with a My favorite things Wonky stitched rectangle die.

Copics used:
Aslan: C5,C7, 100, E37, E35, E31, W9, W7, W5, W1, W0, R32, R11
Tray: YR27, YR23, YR21
Spoon: C5, C3
Bottle: B97, B95, B93, B91, C5, C1, 100
Ground: B97, B95, B91
I backed it with a panel that I colored in the edges on, using the B97 Copic marker. I then cut the letters for TAK (thank you) 3 times using MFT Little letters and colored the top layer using B97, B95, B93 before layering them. I use my T-ruler for placement.

There may be a few more cards coming like this one. Please bare with me as I work through my sorrow.

Thank you for stopping by, and happy crafting.

Kommentarer

  1. Oh I'm so sorry you lost a furbaby. I know what you're going through--such a hole in your heart. A great vet is a blessing, for sure. Your card is a treasure & I know will be appreciated. Sending hugs, Greta

    SvarSlet
  2. Fabulous colouring of this cute image. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    SvarSlet
  3. Beautiful card 😊 thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge 😊

    SvarSlet
  4. This is such a great card and you are so thoughtful to thank your vet for helping you through a difficult time. This image is wonderful and thank you so much for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
    Rachelle - DT@APTS

    SvarSlet
  5. Oh my goodness this such a gorgeous card. The image is adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles
    HUGS Fleur xxx

    SvarSlet
  6. Stunning! I love the "clean" look and feel of this project. The image is perfectly colored, I actually thought it was a decoupage image. No doubt your vet appreciated such a wonderfully presented sentiment. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place to Start Challenge
    613 Avenue Create Challenge

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, you're so sweet, Chana! Thank you so much! Hugs X

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to