AAA Birthday challenge - game #24 Shaped card

 

Happy Easter Monday friends! I hope your Easter offered lots of fun, family, relaxing, crafting or whatever you wished for. 

Today we're kicking off the April challenge over at AAA Birthday blog and the theme this month is Shaped card.

I recently (well some time last year) purchased these cute Whimsy stamps Hap-Bee birthday bees. I think they're so fun! I felt they would be the perfect feature for a hexagon-shaped card, so I stamped the bees and copic colored them.

Copics used:
Yellow: YR24, YR23, Y17, Y21, Y11 
Black: E47, E44, E40
Wings: E55, E53, E50
Mouth: E99, E97, R85, R83
Orange: YR68, YR04, YR82
Teal: BG49, BG15, BG23


I thought it would be fun to also make it an easel card, so I used the largest die in the Waffle Flower Nesting hexagon set to cut these 2 pieces out. 
To cut the one on the left I folded a piece of cardstock and placed the edge of the die juuuust outside the paper, so it would cut the whole shape and leave the fold. 
Next I folded one half down the middle and cut off slightly less than half of that side, leaving one whole hexagon, one half and a small flap. From the photo you can see that you must fold the half hexagon and the flap in opposite directions.
To assemble the easel card, simply fold the base at the 2 creased fold. the small flap should face upwards. Add your prefered adhesive - for this I prefer liquid glue - ONLY to the small flap and then place the other hexagon on top.


Once the glue is dry you can stand the top up. As you can see I ink blended my pieces before assembling the card. I used Wild honey and Vintage photo distress inks. I also added an extra smaller hexagon on the inside for dimension, but you don't have to do this.


On the front of the card I added smaller hexagons which I ink blended with the same colors. And for an extra fun touch to my shaped card I placed 2 of the bees on some golden flower wire. Can't you just hear them buzzing around?

Thanks for stopping by, I truly appreciate it!
Don't forget to hop on over to the AAA Birthday blog to check out the inspiration from the other team members and join the fun. I can't wait to see what you create!

Stay safe, and happy crafting!

Tina


The card is entered into the following challenges:

https://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/ - anything goes

Kommentarer

  1. This is such a fantastic shaped card and I adore your happy little bees and fabulous colouring.

    SvarSlet
  2. cute , I think we had the same idea, but took different approaches

    SvarSlet
  3. So cute, love the shape and the hovering bees! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    SvarSlet
  4. Beautiful card design, I love the shape too. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    SvarSlet
  5. Awwwww.... Too much cute and fun! :D Love this easel card, any detail makes me smile!
    Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge!

    SvarSlet
  6. A great style of card and such lovely cute and happy images, great design too. Thank you for joining our 'Spring Time' challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    SvarSlet
  7. I love your card. I love the honeycomb easel shape. The design of the honey combs and the darling bees. Love this card. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy, Aud Sentiments.

    SvarSlet
  8. What a very pretty bright and sunny creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque April challenge.

    B x

    SvarSlet
  9. A lovely easel card and coloured beautifully with your copics, many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge xxxx

    SvarSlet
  10. I love this card! So many gorgeous details!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    SvarSlet
  11. Very cute shaped birthday card. Thanks for sharing at Time Out.

    SvarSlet
  12. Beautiful, fun, non-traditional card! It will surely bring a smile to someone's face!

    SvarSlet
  13. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Week 14 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    SvarSlet
  14. this is so pretty card!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios challenge!
    Hope to see you again!

    SvarSlet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card

Pop-up how-to