Custom made graduation card

 

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a custom made card and I may have gone a little overboard with it. So grab a cuppa, 'cause this is a long post.

Initially I just got "graduation, champagne and glitter". But I remember how important graduation was, and I wanted to make it more special, so I asked for more and got "Netflix, coffee, make-up, no immediate plans for education, but partying for now".


The most important thing of course is the graduation hat. Here in Denmark the hats are the same but the band changes color depending on which specific type of school you graduate from. This one is like mine and of a 3-year middle school somewhere in between hichscool and college.


I wanted to incorporate everything and I started with a black and white base covered in books (Mama Elephant Bookworm). Student (graduate) cut from red glitter cardstock (My favorite things Little letters) to match the band on the graduate's hat (By Lene Studenterhue).


I used the same red glitter cardstock for the belly band for the slimline card. I wanted it to include a bookmark that she can use when she starts reading again.
I used a digital stamp from Krista Smith (Stacks on stacks). I think she's so cute! I colored her pretty neutral so the books would stand out and left a "tiny note" on the backs of the books.


Opening the card reveals a new surprise. An extra side to the card where the sentiment says "But first - party". Yes, that first bit is from a coffee stamp (Gitte's eget design) and the letters are still MFT.

To make it look as if there was a party going on I stamped some girls in the background (Stamping Bella Uptown Girls Victoria and Juliette) and a colored image in the front (Stamping Bella Uptown Girls Whitney and Wendy love wine).
I stenciled some bubbles using Spun sugar and Marigold oxide inks (MFT Confetti stencil) and added a couple of  music notes (MFT Jungle vibes).


Of course I double stamped the one side of the background, but I decided it wouldn't matter. It's hand made after all.


On the back of the extra side I couldn't help myself adding a large glass of champagne (MFT Layered champagne glass), a stamped "cheers" (Three Scoops) and a die cut "congrats" (Gitte's eget design).


Look at that sparkle! Courtesy of WOW! Unicorn magic.

If you're still here, thank you! I really appreciate it!
Stay safe, and happy crafting!

Tina















Kommentarer

  1. Fabulous personalised Graduation card love the stamping Bella party girls and the image on the tag-both beautifully coloured
    carol x

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Carol! I appreciate you stopping by! Tina x

      Slet

Send en kommentar

Populære opslag fra denne blog

Sweet November Stamps - spring review

Copic vedligeholdelse - hvordan & hvorfor

Masculine birthday card